Friday, February 3, 2012

Pickle Roll-Ups

When I went shopping on Wednesday, I bought 3 jars of Claussen pickles for 1.99 each. These are my favorite pickles, as well as the other pickle eaters in my home. One of my most favorite things to make with them are pickle roll-ups. Now mine are a little different. I make them with the best-ever smoked dried beef from Nilssen's market. Slather on some cream cheese and roll the pickle up and enjoy. They are so simple and delicious! I have been eating these for so long I can't even remember who first taught me to make them. I also will eat the Nilssen's dried beef with cream cheese and no pickle. I use regular cream cheese for them because I don't like the taste of the light stuff in this recipe. If you are on a diet feel free to substitute light or fat-free for a low cal and low carb treat!
So, in the excitement of starting a blog this is my debut recipe I am sharing and documenting.
Caution: Just like with anything it is all in the quality of your ingredients. This recipe is not as good with Vlasics and Carl Budding (although this is what a certain family member of mine uses)!

Pickle Roll-Ups
Claussen Pickles
Nilssen's smoked dried beef or your favorite smoked meat
Cream cheese
  One slice of smoked dried beef
 Spread on cream cheese
Start on one end and roll the pickle up with the dried beef.
Pickle roll-up


We usually eat them whole but you can slice them into bit sized pieces. My husband prefers to eat his in two bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment