Tuesday, March 13, 2012

They Can't All Be Great

The other day I made Lemon Chex. If you love lemon, you can understand why I would want to try this recipe. I love lemonade, lemon bars, lemon pound cake, Leeann Chin's Lemon Chicken, well you get the point. I also love any type of Chex mix I make, sweet and savory. So why not Lemon Chex. In fact, I even had a comment that someone make them and really like them. I used fresh lemons for the juice and zest hoping that great ingredients would make a top notch end product. On first taste I thought, "these are not very crispy". Okay, let them sit for a while and they might crisp up a bit. No, still "stale". How about having the kids try them? My two youngest ate a few with out protest but my oldest, who has my sensitive palate like me, says "Mom, these are kind of stale, there not very crispy". "Yeah, I know, I am not sure why" I told him. The only think I can think of is that I had too much lemon juice. I used the correct amount but that is the only thing that would make them soft. So, I am giving fair warning that I personally did not find the Lemon Chex a success.
No picture of my failure, sorry. I even removed it from my pinterest page so I didn't have it haunting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment